- Worried about the risks to your portfolio in a changing interest rate environment?
- Nearing retirement and not sure how to invest for capital preservation, growth and income?
- Planning to sell your business and in need of a team to help you through the process?
- Unhappy with the lack of attention your broker gives to your portfolio?
We can help with these issues, and many others. Our suite of services – outlined below — can address a broad range of financial needs and goals. To learn more about we can help you, contact us today. We’ll provide you an honest opinion of your current situation and an objective plan for the future.
Portfolio management is a particular strength at Karl H. Romero & Associates, Inc. We manage your investments to work towards your financial objectives and carefully balance risk against performance within your stipulated timeframe and risk tolerance, using modern portfolio theory and asset allocation.*
*There is no assurance any strategy or asset allocation will ensure a profit or protect against a loss.
Fee-Based Asset Management
Today, the asset management market is larger and more dynamic than ever before. In this environment, our focus remains firmly on delivering value from existing markets, identifying potential from emerging markets, reducing costs from current operations and seeking smart ways to manage the risks from volatile markets. Our asset management services entail:
- Wealth Management –Our firm handles mutual funds, closed-end funds, managed accounts, equities, fixed income and alternative investments on behalf of hundreds of clients.
- Individual Portfolios – We provide personalized investment solutions to help manage your return on investment, adhering to strict and disciplined investment protocols and unparalleled risk management procedures.
- Institutional Investments — We address the specialized needs of institutional investors with a range of equity, fixed income, asset allocation and hedge fund strategies, including single and multimanager investments and real estate portfolios.
Personal Financial Planning
The pace and complexity of managing modern finances leaves many people unprepared to achieve an independent financial future. If you are feeling less than confident about your future, having a well-prepared financial plan will help put you in control. Our financial advisors are trained with access to the right tools to prepare a customized plan for you, help you implement your plan and adjust it if necessary, and monitor your progress toward your financial goals.
Overcoming Objections to Financial Planning
“It’s too much work.” – Karl H. Romero and Assoc., Inc. can help build a customized plan with the least amount of work for you. “It’s too expensive.” – The fees for working with Karl H. Romero and Assoc., Inc. to create and monitor your plan are in line with your expectations while we manage your portfolio in an effective, long-term manner. “It’s too late.” – It’s never too late to start planning. In fact, putting a plan in place, especially during uncertain economic times like these, can be comforting. “I can do it myself” – There are many online resources that will help you get started, but most use a “one-size-fits-all” approach. Our financial advisors customize the process and the plan to suit your own needs and goals.
Your legacy is in your hands. But only through diligent monitoring can you be assured that your assets will be transferred effectively and according to your wishes to the people and charities you care about most. We can help you establish a plan, working with you to set up trusts, regularly review your legal documents and beneficiary designations, and examine tax implications for survivors.*
*This is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax or legal advice. We suggest that you discuss your specific situation with a qualified tax or legal advisor.
Not only can we recommend methods to preserve your retirement income and shield it from unnecessary taxes, we can also help you manage your retirement assets for potential growth, while helping avoid undue risk. Our retirement planning capabilities address issues such as retirement plan distribution decisions, beneficiary designations and estate taxes.
We work with you on important business planning issues such as:
- Executive compensation
- Life insurance and other risk management products
- Group health insurance/HSA accounts
- 401(k) plans and pensions
- Succession planning
- Exit strategies
The dramatically increasing rate of tuition has made it difficult for many people to pay for their child’s higher education. We can help you save for higher education through options such as 529 Plans and Coverdell Education Savings Accounts.